Hit a gas line:
- DO NOT try to repair it yourself.
- Whether or not you smell or hear a gas leak, evacuate the area and call 911 or your natural gas distributor
Gas Leak or Potential Carbon Monoxide:
- Call your natural gas distributor
- Electric heat appliances may be used.
- Avoid barbecues, outdoor camping or kerosene heaters as these produce carbon monoxide.
- Close blinds and drapes to help trap indoor heat.
Are You Prepared?
Emergencies, including natural gas outages, can happen. Be ready with an Emergency Preparedness Kit:
- Three day supply of ready-to-eat foods
- Bottled water – approximately 12 litres per person
- Manual can opener
- Warm clothing
- Battery-operated radio
- First Aid kit and any needed medications
- Alternative heating source if possible