Award for rural students entering post-secondary education.
The Federation Achievement Award was created to recognize deserving students of members across rural Alberta. Four $1,000 awards are handed out at the Federation Annual General Meeting.
- Children of co-operative members of gas utilities within the Federation of Alberta Gas Co-ops Ltd., as well as, children of landowners who are serviced by Member Utility towns, villages, counties, or First Nations.
- Memberships must have been in place at least one full year.
- Children of active members of the Provincial Federation Board are NOT eligible.
- Preference will be given to applicants entering either a field of study which applies to the Natural Gas Industry (e.g. Gas Utility Operators, Gasfitters, Pipefitters, Power Engineering, Heavy Equipment Technician, etc.) or to Rural-based programs.
- Admission to first year of a degree or diploma or apprenticeship program at any eligible accredited post secondary institute of learning in Alberta listed in the application form.
- Candidates must have completed the course work of the last one (1) year of schooling required for admission to the post secondary institution and must have obtained an academic standing of at least seventy five percent (75%) in core subjects.
- Applicants not achieving at least this standing will NOT be eligible.
How our member benefits work
Enhanced coverage and exclusive savings from Co-operators
The Federation of Alberta Gas Co-ops Ltd., as a member organization of Co-operators, has worked together with them to bring you access to a special Member Benefits Program. If you are a member/resident of one of our Member Utilities, these enhanced coverages and exclusive savings are available to you.
NEW! Business insurance enhanced coverages and exclusive savings is now available to businesses served by our Member Utilities!
With over 75 years of history as a co-operative, Co-operators, is owned by 46 different co-operatives and credit unions across Canada. From communities across the country, they represent a variety of sectors, including agriculture, finance, service, retail/consumer, health and labour.
To learn more, contact your local Co-operators Financial Advisor directly or call 1-844-770-9138 and identify yourself as a member of the Federation of Alberta Gas Co-ops Ltd.
As a member of a Federation Gas Utility, you have access to
- Enhanced Home coverage at preferred rates. For example, get Claims Forgiveness automatically on your eligible Home policy, which means that your first home claim has no impact on your policy or premiums.
- Enhanced Farm insurance options with over 30 different types of coverage at a reduced cost.
- Additional Farm and Home savings of up to 5% on eligible policies.
- Discounts on Travel Insurance* of up to 10% on eligible policies.
- Auto insurance** at a preferred rate, depending on your province.
*Travel insurance is underwritten by CUMIS General Insurance Company, a member company of The Co-operators Group Limited, and is administered by Allianz Global Assistance, which is a registered business name of AZGA Service Canada Inc. and AZGA Insurance Agency Canada Ltd. Please refer to the certificate for full terms and conditions including limitations and exclusions.
**Disclaimer: Discounts, coverages and eligibility vary by province. Not all products are available in all provinces. Preferred rates are only available in Ontario, Alberta, Newfoundland, Quebec, and Prince Edward Island.
- A complementary Legal Assistance Helpline for Home and Farm policies, providing on-demand, confidential access to a lawyer for guidance with Canadian legal matters, such as contract disputes, employment or business-related issues, property concerns, tax investigations, and more.
- Identity-theft protection for expenses you incur to recover your identity, with no deductible, no impact to your claim-free discount, and at no additional cost.
- Enhanced Commercial coverage: Exclusive Commercial Advantage Endorsement provides more than 30 additional coverage extensions
- Business Property: Protection against loss, damage or theft, as it relates to your property, contents, stock, and other items, such as leased property
- Cyber Guard Select: Protection for sensitive business information - including stored personal data for customers, employees, and associates - in the event of a cyber breach
- Commercial Auto: Protection for light and heavy commercial vehicles
Learn more about the Federation
Continue learning about our community engagement and values
Explore and discover the benefits our federation provides to Albertans all over the province. Learn more about our structure, history, and more.